Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time (35 hrs/wk)
Deadline for application: September 30th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Report to: Executive Director
Heritage Abbotsford Society is seeking a dynamic, collaborative and innovative Programs Manager for Trethewey House Heritage Site, a busy municipal heritage site located within Mill Lake Park in the heart of Abbotsford, British Columbia. This position is an integral part of the small team that delivers high quality educational programming, interpretive tours, and immersive heritage experiences.
We are excited to accept applications from post-secondary graduates aiming to work in the fields of heritage, museums, cultural management, heritage resource management, conservation, interpretation and/or education.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing “people person” who exhibits strong organizational and social skills, creativity, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn. You should be comfortable working as a team as well as independently, be able to meet deadlines, and show a genuine interest in heritage work.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Programs Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the educational programming; implementation of the membership program; outreach planning and implementation; providing interpretation of the Trethewey House Heritage Site; Volunteer Management and other duties as assigned. You will conduct research, design, development and delivery of education programs, using provincial curriculum guidelines, schedule tour bookings, deliver outreach programming and produce and circulate approved promotional material to schools. Additionally, you will be in charge of maintaining the membership and volunteer database, monitoring and maintaining the Society’s website and social media contacts. The Programs Manager prepares and submits a monthly report to the Executive Directors, including statistics, such as visitation, volunteer activity, program attendance, outreach activity, memberships. You will receive on the job training in collections care, enabling you to care for our educational collection.
- Deliver tours of Trethewey House and/or grounds to drop in and booked visitors and groups.
- Participate in joint staff duties, including regular facility housekeeping, as required.
- Prepare stories for publication in social media and/or other forms of publication.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of special events.
- The candidate must be Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by relevant post-secondary training in heritage, history, archaeology or a related field is required.
- A police check is required.
- The incumbent must hold a valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
- Proficiency in Photoshop or similar image editing program is a requirement for this position, and you must be able to utilize Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with WordPress is an asset.
- Emergency First Aid, Serving it Right, Food Safe and similar licenses/certificates are an asset.
You’ll be an ideal candidate for this position if you…
…have excellent communication and organizational skills.
…are detail oriented person able to work well with various programming timelines.
…are comfortable interacting with a variety of ages, cultures, individuals and groups and can handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
…are able to train and supervise volunteers
Heritage Abbotsford Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with a covering letter and resume via email to email@example.com or via mail to Heritage Abbotsford Society, 2313 Ware Street, Abbotsford, BC, V2S 3C6. We thank all who express an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls,