We are looking for a Communications Manager!
Classification: Part time (20 hours), permanent entry level ($17 – 20/hr)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager creates and implements the marketing, public relations, and digital- and social media content strategy for the Museum, including web content, social media posts, videos, and various other content-related tasks.
This position requires excellent writing and project management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with staff to develop, manage, and implement strategic marketing, content creation, and communication plans for exhibitions, education programs, and the institution. Maintain and track advertising creation and due dates, develop marketing plans and timelines for the Society’s initiatives and programs. Create content to promote exhibitions, program components, and events.
Manage all aspects of the Society’s website including content creation and oversight of updates to optimize web pages and increase engagement.
Create collateral such as brochures and invitations.
Manage the Society’s social media strategy; Create and post content pieces to social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and TriplAdviser. Manage PR efforts via influencers, bloggers, TV, radio, and print media.
Manage email marketing strategy to increase user engagement and ensure email aligns with other digital communication goals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and diplomatically in written and spoken language with a wide range of people.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is a requirement.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, SurveyMonkey, Google Analytics, or similar online management systems required.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Must be a team player.
- A valid Driver’s License and access to own transportation is necessary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 8, 2020
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Abbotsford Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic.